When was the first time you were enamored with jewelry? When did your jewelry addiction started? Most if not all girls started young when they grew their enchantment for jewelry. Perhaps it was their mothers who inspired these girls to develop a love for jewelry or perhaps it was the fact that Barbie dolls wore jewelry and those jewelry pieces came in various shapes and sizes? Whatever the reason, it has been proven that majority of girls developed a fondness for jewelry at an early age.
All throughout the years our age, earnings and tastes change due to a number of influences but one thing remains unchanged and that is our love for jewelry. There’s no doubt you consider yourself highly skillful when it comes to choosing and buying jewelry. But do you consider yourself an expert when it comes to pairing your jewels? This is the part that most women struggle a lot. Yes, they know what type of jewelry they want to shop for and the amount they are willing to invest but when it comes to matching everything in one outfit ensuring that all goes well together, now that is the tough part and this is what most girls struggle with.
If you have no clue how to pair your jewelry collection then you have come to the right place. This blog post will teach you just that by enumerating the basic pieces of jewelry that are commonly found in your chest of drawers. Are you aware that you can carelessly spoil a good outfit if you mix it with the wrong jewelry? A tiny imperfection can devastatingly ruin a carefully planned outfit so you have to think very carefully and verse yourself of these tips we will be disclosing here.
Before you panic we recommend you take a deep breath and concentrate. These tips will help you choose what type of jewelry will work best with your outfit so you will look perfect in your overall look. Let’s start off with earrings.
- The latest trinket in your jewelry box is a classy ear cuff. Then there are the chain iterations and the pearl-studded ones; the list could go on and on. These are universal so you can easily mix and match them with just about any outfit you have in your closet.
- You can, however, strike a balance with a pair of heavy or drop earrings. This type of earrings works perfectly with collarless tops as they accent your bare neck.
- You should also do a contrast of colors in the event that your earring are self-colored or vice versa. Take for example, you can don a little black dress and pair it with white earrings.
- If you are wearing a top or a gown that is printed ensure that your earrings complement the shape of the print on your top or gown.
- If you are going to a dressy occasion such as a cocktail party we suggest you go for clusters.
- For formal events and if you are wearing conservative attires then you should go for delicate stud earrings and small hoops.
- If you are dressing up for a relaxing day then you should give novelty studs a go or go for chandelier earrings.
- It is also important to keep in mind that the type of material used to make your earrings has to fit the occasion. So if you are going to an informal event you can go for plastic, resin or wooden material. For night outs you can go for rhinestones and if you are off to a formal dinner classic crystals never fail.
- Do not wear a huge bracelet on the same wrist where your watch is. Ensure that the styles you choose for a bracelet matches with the watch you wear. Take for instance; do not pair a sophisticated bracelet with an everyday-wear watch. You can choose different colors but stick to one style. You can also pair it with a long dress, a pair of denims and an A-line t-shirt. It is also important to keep in mind that you need to get rid of your sleeves. If you are going to wear a bracelet make sure that you are barehanded up to the elbow.
- The several thin candy-colored jewels can work together to create a full look. You can pair them with your summer and spring outfits.
- If you are wearing a little black dress or formal wear like your office outfit then you should go for pear bracelets or crystal bracelets.
- If you are sporting a bikini you should go for urban wrist accessories.
- If you are wearing a pair of boots and a vintage dress you won’t go wrong with an ethnic leather bracelet. It’s also a good combination for hippie and floral prints.
- Bracelets that are made out of gold or silver are one size fits all.
- If you’re after the latest ring trends make sure that your fingers also say something nice to the world. Combine your midi rings with the stunning nail ring borders the right way. These rings should have the same color and they should also have the same metal. If you are after a vintage or a hipster look don these suggestions on.
- Another famous fashion trend is ring combos. These rings look best when you are wearing black pants or skinny jeans with a large sized top. You will never be considered monotonous or boring in this type of combination.
- Be classy! If you are going to wear a little black dress then go for a thin ring that is laced with small pearls or decorated with rhinestones.
- You can also add two self-colored metal rings that have the same shape as your formal wear.
- You should never, ever mix different colors of metal. You will only spoil your overall look. It can potentially ruin a perfectly planned outfit.
- If your partner has just proposed to you then we would like you to accept our congratulations. When planning for your bridal look always make sure that you remover all other rings from your fingers even the trendiest ones. No ring looks best on a wedding dress except for an engagement ring.
- If you own an Onyx stone or a big black ring you can spice it up with a simple casual wear or an elaborate well-planned look.
- Another latest trend is statement necklaces. Wearing a statement necklace can really elevate your look to greater heights. The secret to wearing statement necklaces is to pair with a boring top or dress. The transformation is unthinkable and you wouldn’t believe it as well.
- If you are going to wear thin necklaces wear them with deep cleavages.
- Choose chunkier necklaces when pairing them with white shirts that have collars.
- When you have a long chain we suggest you pair them with a cute bob cut and a pair of boyfriend jeans and a black tank top.
- If you are wearing a formal gown make sure that you pair that piece of elegance with a long thin chain that has a rhinestone drop.
- You can also place a pearl rope across your bare neck to give it flair when you are wearing corporate clothes.
- Hair Jewelry
- When choosing hair jewelry always go back to the contrast of colors. You can pair bronze jewelry pieces with a white or black kit. If you are going to wear vibrant colored outfits such as green or yellow we suggest you go for silver jewels.
- You can also pair tiny princess bobby pins with candy dresses.
- If you are wearing a bikini you can pair those with floral inspired kits.
- Or if you are on a ponytail you can use a wide metal ring for that to keep it neat and tidy.